Sunday Forest Walk at Shilonda Trail. 29.04.2018Click Here For Register
- Event Start Date :   29/04/2018
- Event Last Date :   29/04/2018
- Event Fees   Rs:   650.00   +   11.80  (Mahaonline Charges Per Ticket Transaction).
- Age Limit :   5 TO 90 Yrs.
- Batch Size : 25
* * * Join Sunday Forest Walk with our naturalists at Shilonda Trail. The Summer is heating down and the increasing heat has prompted Karvanda bushes to ripen their unripe berries; wild jasmine climbers are profusely flowering and all local bird and animal life are in their breeding frenzy. The forest is increasingly turning pleasant for early morning walks and that’s exactly what we are going to do.
This peaceful trail starts along the plains just before the Kanheri foothills and winds along gently into a good long hike heading northwards. Once the home of a tribal settlement that has now moved away, nature has completely reclaimed this territory. The trail reveals the gradual gradation in the vegetation: from scrubland at the beginning to dense, tall evergreen forest ahead.
* * * DATE: 29th April 2018, SUNDAY
* * * TIME: 7.00 AM – 11.30 AM
* * * ITINERARY:
07.00 AM -- Report at SGNP main gate + Refreshments
07.30 AM -- Board SGNP bus to Shilonda Trail
07.45 AM -- Walk Starts
11.15 AM – Board the bus back to the main gate
11.30 AM– Reach the main gate
CHARGES INCLUSIVE OF: Nature Trail fees, Internal Transport, Expert Charges, Entry Fees, Refreshments.
* * * REGISTRATIONS
Nature Information Center (NIC)
Phone: 022-2886 8686 (Office)
1. Wear proper walking shoes. Sandals or slippers not advised.
2. Carry ample amount of water for yourself.
3. Cap or a hat is advisable in this season
4. Carrying snacks won't be a bad idea (but don't litter in the forest).
5. Refrain carrying costly items (except cameras) and jewelry for the trail.
6. Wear full and camouflage clothes. Mosquitoes are a given, so carry insect repellent.
The trail will be led by our expert naturalists. They will share the information about the biodiversity of that region.
*Pictures are for representational purpose only.