Do’s and Dont’s:
SGNP is one of the most unique Protected Areas, a real tropical wilderness nestling right amidst massive urban development. It is hoped you will treat these outdoors with the same respect that you treat your home indoors. You are fortunate that you can experience this wilderness on foot, a facility not available or allowed in most National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries across India. Have a great experience, both, of the natural world as well as the specially created informative signages along the paths and paved roads as you explore this wilderness. Please follow these simple rules while you are here:
- Please DO NOT litter. Do not throw any packaging, plastic bottles, any other trash anywhere in the outdoors
- Please DO NOT light a fire in the outdoors; this can be especially dangerous and devastating during the dry months between October and mid-June.
- AVOID making unnecessary and loud noise on forest trails
- Please DO NOT harass any wild-living creature
- Please DO NOT feed any wild-living creature, including the macaques at Kanheri Caves
- Please DO NOT collect souvenirs of wild flowers, animal specimens, rocks, fallen woods
- Please DO NOT dump or release any exotic species into the wilds
- Please DO NOT release any indigenous species either without informing the Forest office and checking about its health and status with the veterinary officer
Other Important Instructions
- Be silent…hear the animal’s talking.
- Keep a safe distance from animals, respect their privacy and you will be rewarded with good sightings.
- Be sensitive towards your fellow visitors. Enjoy your visit and let them enjoy.
- Do not get down from the vehicle and walk at any point of time until the guide has asked at the designated places in the forest.
- Avoid flashing any shiny objects on animals.
- Avoid using flash of the camera as it may disturb animals.
- Do not throw objects of any kind towards the animals
- Carrying any kind of weapons or firearms is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Do not play music, nature has better melody to offer here. Listen to it.
- Do not feed animals. They have better food in nature and can look for their own.
- Carrying and throwing plastic inside the park is strictly prohibited. It might kill an animal.